When you try to run some applications, a Windows user may see a message that the api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0 is missing.dll. The dialog box may have the heading: “entry Point not found”. This error typically occurs when running games and some utility applications, such as Process Explorer.
Api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0 file.a dll is a component of the Visual C++ 2015 package that is used by games and interactive applications in the process. If Windows detects that this dynamic link library is missing or corrupt, the application usually won’t start. Sometimes, a critical error message may appear while the application is running and then it will shut down.
What to do if there is such a problem:
- The first option is to download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 package installer and run it.
- The package installer automatically fixes missing or corrupted files.
- The second option is to download api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll as a separate file.
- The downloaded file must be manually installed in the system folder, if necessary, with the replacement.
Do not forget that for 64-bit versions of the operating system you need to install in both system folders — and system32, and WoW64. If the option to download api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll for Windows 7/8/10 did not help you and still there is an error, only with a different file name-it will be easier to fix the problem by downloading and installing the entire package of Visual C++ 2015.
- OS Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Bit 32/64bit
- Downloaded 12