Errors related to the file dsetup.dll are possible in any applications that access DirectX functions: three-dimensional and two-dimensional graphics, sound, networking components. Among other applications running under “Windows”, most often problems occur when running games, including network: Lineage 2, FlyFF and many others.
The user can see an information window with a message that the file is missing. In addition, you may receive a message that the file is corrupted or cannot be accessed. After that, the application usually exits unscheduled. Knowing what to do in this situation, you will save yourself time.
Here’s how to fix the problem with this file:
- The easiest option is to download the latest version of DirectX and run the installation.
- Wait for the DirectX installer to check, update, and fix the files itself.
- To save time and traffic, you can download the dll as a separate file.
- You need to manually copy the downloaded file to the system folder and confirm the replacement.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer to apply the changes.
If you decide to download dsetup.dll for Windows is a separate file, not the entire DirectX package, remember: for each version of the operating system, for 32-bit and 64-bit address of the system folder will be different. If you did everything correctly, the problems with the installed game or other application should stop. If you continue to have problems after installing a separate file, it makes sense to reinstall DirectX as a whole.
- OS Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Bit 32/64bit
- Downloaded 9