Many fans of games developed by Ubisoft face errors of the ubiorbitapi_r2 file.dll. Cases in which the game did not start or stopped working because of this file are known among users of such game series as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and many others. The dialog box usually tells you that there is no file with this name and prompts you to reinstall the program.
However, often reinstalling the game itself does not fix the problem. This file contains the key launch functions — without it Ubisoft applications usually do not run at all. How can I fix this issue? Use the instructions below.
Here’s what to do in a similar situation:
- The easiest option is to download the Uplay installer
- The installer will automatically check and fix the required files.
- You can download the ubiorbitapi_rdll file to save time and traffic.
- The downloaded single file will need to be copied to the system folder “Windows”.
- When copying, if necessary, confirm the replacement (overwrite) of the file in the target folder.
If you decide to manually download ubiorbitapi_r2.dll, do not forget to specify in what folder it should be copied. The address may differ depending on the version of Windows operating system (7, 8, 10) and bit — 32 or 64 bits. If done correctly, the problems with running the games should stop. If you are having problems with other files, try reinstalling Uplay completely.
- OS Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Bit 32/64bit
- Downloaded 13