Errors with the zlib file.dll are possible with any programs that use the same data compression algorithm. Users encounter problems with this dynamic link library when running service applications such as the Apache HTTP server, as well as programs and games-for example, 1C:Enterprise or World of Warcraft.
As a rule, a dialog box with the message that there is no file with the same name is displayed. After that, the application that caused the problem may crash. It is also possible to perform functions related to sending and receiving data incorrectly. Therefore, it is important to know how to fix such a problem as quickly as possible.
Here’s what to do in a similar situation:
- The easiest option is to download the full Zlib package
- The installer will check and update the service files during unpacking.
- You can save time and traffic and download zlib.a single dll file.
- The separately downloaded file must be manually placed in the system folder.
- If necessary, confirm the replacement (overwrite) of the file in the destination folder.
Keep in mind that the target address of this dynamic link library will be different for different operating systems. If you don’t want to spend too much time and traffic, decide to download zlib.dll for Windows 7, 8 or 10 — specify in which directory it should be placed. 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows may also have different addresses. If done correctly, the error with this library will stop appearing.
We recommend that you download and install the Zlib package first. The error should disappear immediately.
- OS Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Bit 32/64bit
- Downloaded 7